Clear Books has all the basic requirements covered but little in the way ofÂ additionalÂ functionality to really make it stand out.
Automated bank feedsÂ - Automated bank feeds are provided by Yodlee for an extra cost of Â£5 per month.
Third party appsÂ - No, not really. Clear Books hasn't yet taken off with third party developers. The currently available add-ons can be found here. At the time of writing they are:
- Spendgate (document management)
- XE (multi currency support)
- Invoicing - raise a sales invoice with your company logo, automatically email it out
- Recurring (eg. monthly) invoices are also possible
- Fixed asset depreciation
- VAT returns - direct link to HMRC
- Overview of outstanding invoices
- Project tracking
- Works with iPhone via Safari
- Credit Control - you can arrange for automated invoices to be sent to clients that haven't paid on time
- Contact management
So, in short there is nothing much special about Clear Books functionality but that is reflected in the price.
Although it's easy for us to get excited about cool features that integrate your accounts with complex cloud CRM systems, not all businesses need that stuff. The basic functionality provided by Clear Books is sufficient for most small businesses.
If you have a view on Clear Books' features please leave a comment: